Monday, February 7, 2011

Wow! God loves Me

Wow, family


All I can say is that God loves me... ALOT. This whole training thing is more fun than I thought it ever could have been. Of course yes it is a lot of work and it totally different but I love it. God has answered every one of my prayers and there is nothing like a new missionary that brings in light and hope and spark into the work.

My "kid", daughter, companion, sister, her name is Hermana Rosee Jasso. And guess what she is fluent in Spanish. She is half Mexican and half Philipino. I can't tell you how much she is helping me out with the language. She loves as I try to speak with her in our called language. The other really awesome thing is that Sister Winterton is training right now too. She just hit her half way mark in the mission. Their companionship is the English program but her kid is straight from Mexico and so she feels more comfortable speaking Spanish with us sisters than anything else right now too so it rocks for learning the language. I'm loving it. We have the youngest pad in the mission and we are firing it up in there! Watch the miracles come baby! Oh Yeah!

So my companion Hermana Jasso is so stinkin awesome I can't even tell you! I thought no one would ever be able to my trainer Sister Stephens yet this girl teaches me something every day and she's helping me continue to see the best of both worlds. She is a fireball. Just so you know a little bit about her....

She is a convert for the church. She is the only member in her family and the rest of her family remains "carasmatic catholic". She has been a member for 2 years. A couple of years back one of her co-workers inviter her to a movie night to watch the Best Two Years. She watched the movie and had some curiousity as to the "little blue book" in the movie. Thought the thought of Elders was very intriguing that they go out for 2 years of their life because of their faith. She really liked the movie though. The very next day on the street she saw some Elders on the street and approached them. She said, "Hey I'm looking for one of those blue books you elders have. May I have one?" Now these poor Elders were so taken off guard, they didn't know how to react. I think the fact that she is so gorgeous, nice, and asked the dream question that every missionary wants to hear might have had something to do with it. My companion thought that she had said something wrong because they were so shocked. Ironically the Elders didn't have an extra with them at the moment but they got her info and of course and went to give her one later that night. 2 months later she was baptized.


When she found out that the sisters could go on missions too there nothing more that she wanted. So she prayed about it and got her firm answer that she was going to go. She started preparing. Turned in her papers and received her call and opened it as her 2 best friends also opened and got their calls the same day at her bishops house. She didn't tell her parents till the week after she got her call that she was going on a mission. Her family is furious at her for leaving them. She has no family support and is doing this completely on blind faith and trust in her Lord. She has a message that she knows is true and their is no greater desire she has than to share it with those people here in New York. I know that the support and love of my familiy has helped me more than anything out here in the field on the rough days. She is one example to me. She is a rock and super good natured, happy, full of the spirit, and just radiates light where ever we go. I know God has sent her directly to my life. She is one of those people that when you meet you almost think you've met before. We both feel that way about each other but I don't know where I would have met her before.... pre-earth? lol. She feels the same. She is from Los Angelos. I admire her strength and love of everything. We've got some rocking goals for the upcoming transfer and I'm hoping the Lord will bless us in our good desires. We just got to keep our chins up about everything and work hard ya? :)

This week was way sweet in that we had a mission conference. Elder Pearson from the quorum of the 70 came and talked to the mission. I just absolutely loved it. It was everything that I needed to feel me right back up to the top full of goodness. I felt the spirit so strong and it was like revelation overload. The amount of revelation in that room was so cool! He talked about a lot of really coool things as well as sister nelson and president Nelson.

We have a goal to read the Book of Mormon as a mission by May 7. We are looking to baptize the rest of our 800 by the end of May as well. Which means we have 201 baptisms to find before then which would be awesome and totally probable and believable as our missionaries go forth with the spiritual power they have been ordained with. Now they just have to act and access it by their faith, obedience, and actions. 2/3 of the church her in New York are first generation or converts to the church. It's amazing to think how many members here are converts to the church and how important it is to keep our generation strong and thriving on spiritual knowledge. There are over 8 million people in the New York South Mission.

"Hearken" what does it mean? To listen and to obey. The first law of heaven is obedience and all other laws are predicated on this divine law. The spirit always hearkens us to listen and change. It is solely up to us. True doctrine understood, will change behavior. The teacher has to be the spirit because the spirit is what changes hearts to change behavior.

True doctrine understood, wil change behavior. Power of structure makes a missionary powerful. Studying and focus for the day in the morning. Personal and pondering reflecting for the day. Reflecting on the day and going to bed on time allows people to be successful. Structue and self discipline in your life provide power and success.
What=>Principles=>Exaltation

Why=>Doctrine=>Love

Ovedience=>Faith=>personal righteousness=>Repentance (change)=>Covenants=> Spiritual Power

3 Nephi 5:13

One of your most sacred and powerful things in life is your...

1. Identity- because your identity is made up of vaues, beliefs, rules your attitude, behavior lead to actions ur actions become...REALITY

Prayer is how we find our alignment with God.

-prayer is the way we change ourselves. Not the way that God changes our circumstances. We pray for the spirit of discernment, so that we change ourselves so i have the spirit to say and do exactly what I need to say and so that I can do it. ehlp me to change and know. the pure love of Christ is to change the hearts of his children. Our blessing we receive on the mission are conditional. Conditional on working. Working to obtain blessings. Who am I? I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I wear his name every day. I am acting in behalf of his name. I use his Holy name every day as I teach, as I pray, and as I think.

Yes there are many religions that teach of Jesus Christ. That believe in "God" but we have one God, one fe, and un bautismo no? It's the same God. The same loving God that sent you here to learn and to grow. I didn't come on the mission to New york to tell people they are wrong. but to help build faith, find truths and come unto christ through being baptized by someone who has the priesthood authority of God. I know this gospel is true. If your willing to do the work, there is nothing that cannot be overcome through the atonement of God. Know your outcome. focus with eye of faith. The mission is simply the training ground for a greater mission ahead. I love you family! May you have a wonderful week.!

Mom, I'm sorry I haven't told you what I want in the package. I've been so busy I haven't had time to really think about it. I LOVE the packages. It makes me feel so loved. Don't worry about making it anything fancy. Seriously. It just makes me feel so good to know you stilll love and miss me :) Don't send me any candy or sweets. I'll just eat them. I love your bread... it's always delicious. I could use some new tights... black, navy, and brown are the colors that I use. Calcium? I love those shoe inserts for support in my shoes if you want to pick 1 or 2 up at Walmart for my boots. I need some Brooners Body Wash. I can't find it here and everything else just doesn't work as good. YOu know that castille soap dad gets from the store? I would love some of that. I have to go buy some new boots. I've already worn the other ones out that you sent me. They were awesome for about the first month and then they started getting water in them and then last week they ripped all the way up the back. I've duck taped them for now but I'm going to have to get some new ones. It makes me look hard core though right? lol. I love getting photos but I'm running out of cool places to put the prints that you send me so you can just attach them to emails from now on if you want :) Whatever you want. I"m not going to complain either way. I got a way cute Valentines package from the rice family this week. All the of marc & stephs cute kids drew me pics and stuff and some goodies. They are so thoughtful I loved it!

Love Krisina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers