Monday, April 18, 2011

Soy un misionera de la iglesia de jesucristo de los santos de los ultimos dias :)

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Krisina Lewis wrote:


Hey fam, supp

hey just want you to know that I love you and that i think the world of you! This week has been a rollercoaster and its a good thing I have Sister Nelson or I don't know what I would have done. Sister Nelson totally helped me stay sane. Sad news this week. So we kept trying to get a hold of Ramona this week. We would go over and her family would tell us she wasn't there. What would a 60 year old lady being doing outside of house? Finally she called us and told us that she didn't want to get baptized. She and her brother talked and she told him that she wasn't ready. She said she couldn't do it at this time. Well of course she isn't ready! She hasn't even let us come teach her! lol. Her family doesn't have a desire right now and she doesn't want to do something that is going to separate her family. Make sense but she is the rock of the family. If she loves them then she would help them all become the family they want to be! Eternal!!!! I KNOW!!!!! I wanted to cry.... actually I think I did later. It's hard because as here missionaries I feel so responsible! I know that Elder Dominguez is still praying everynight that by some miracle his sister is going to get baptized by the time he comes. He is still coming to NY to visit them I guess so it makes me want to know what I'm supposed to do. I can feel it when i go to bed at night and even had a dream about it. I just don't know what to do in order to change it. lol. More faith? ;) Then that night we met with Jonathan he told us now he doesn't know if he wants to get baptized. Well he didn't say it like that. He just said at this point he needs more time tell he gets his answer. The frustrating part about it is that I feel like he was there a long time ago. He got it and now this was the endurance part. I swear he is the biggest exercise of patience I've ever had to deal with yet love is always the answer right? You got to love before you are ever going to be able to correct. It's interesting that the main thing that is keeping jonathan from joining the church is the same thing that interested him in the church in the first place. The story of Joseph smith. He believes that the book of mormon is true and so then that also means that joseph smith was a prophet. But he says if he is expected to declare that joseph smith saw god the father and jesus christ that is a little bit too much for him and he needs to recieve his own testimony that it really happened. That's fine becuase he will if he keeps doing the steps to obtaining a testimony. Praying, reading, and going to church. Primary answers are the key to success people lets not make it harder than it needs to be. :) Yep, that's that.

I just want to say that I know with all my heart that God lives. I know that he loves us as his children. We all live very different lives with a unique set of experience but the way to eternal joy and happiness can be found by living the gospel of Jesus Christ. Jesus is the Christ. The son of the living god. He is central in the eternal plan of progression and it is through him that we can find eternal joy. He suffered for every bad thing in this world; the infirmities, afflictions, sickness, pain, sin, etc. By putting our faith in God and searching with all our hearts might mind and strength we can overcome the tests of this life. The message we share is centered around the family becuase that is one of the most sacred things god has given to us. The gospel strengthens the family and makes the plan of happiness a whole lot more important. No only is our goal to be sealed to our families but to create a celestial family. A family that is formed and molded on a foundation of Christ. Because just lie in Helaman 5:11-12. You will not fall in the times of storm if your foundation is built upon our rock the savior and redeemer of the world. I went to visit this part member familiy this week. The Grullons. hermana Carmen Grullon is a member and has been for about 7 years. She was so cute to sit us down and give us some water while she finished cooking for her husband. She was listening to her ipod which happens to be all church hymns. She is from the Dominican and she told us about the Elder that came and taught here and the difference he made in her life. She still has the set of scriptures that he gave to her along with his not of how grateful he was for her friendship and testimony. She is so strong. I've seen her at church but never knew very much about her. She comes every week and sits in the exact same spot in the front by herself. She is dedicated and faithful member. Mission life is one of the steepest learning curves I've ever lived and I'm sure it will continue to be that way for the next year. I'm not quite sure why.... but i do know its good for me and its helping me to gain a lot of experience and value the good things in life a lot more. There are so many people here in New York that are just really sad and lack hope. How much more they have a need to accept the gospel in their lives. For me its a little bit of a learning process to learn how to really come to care for these people w/o taking on their problems but still helping them resolve them through teaching the gospel. I'm hoping that the lord will bless us this week that as we go and look and search for people to teach that we can find those who are ready for something more in their lives. That we can help them find things in their lives that are important. It's a good thing that god's on my side on this whole missionary work. With him I just tell myself I've got nothing to fear and as I continue to work and improve and live to the best of my ability. The lord will bless us with people and our weaknesses will become strong through him because he know EXACTLY what we need and when we need it. I love it so much. Without the spirit we don't have anything here in the work. It is so important. The spirit is simply the most important tool in conversion its just a matter of learning how to help others recognize it. Because the message is true. It changes lives, and it is the thing that will keep the world from falling and prepare us for the coming of our savior at the second coming. Cool. We 've got work to do. Over and out :) love you all. Appreciate your prayers and love.

Love Hermana Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers