Thursday, February 23, 2012

Somos 3. Tengo 2 companeras de Mexico


OHHHHHHH!!!!! MAN!!!!!!!! COOLEST WEEK EVER!  I just have to say this is the coolest transfer ever!  So mom you asked me what we did for Valentine’s Day.  Well, Sister Harry and I went to transfer meeting where I received 2 new companions.  So we went to transfer meeting on Tuesday and guess what I'm in another Trio.  Guess who President put me with?!  Hermana Tapia and Hermana Alvarado!  Let me tell you about them.  They are the most legit missionaries in the entire mission!  Hermana Tapia has about 6 months in the mission.  Hermana Harry was the one that trained her.  She is from the same part as Hermana Jasso in California.  She grew up speaking Spanish because both of her parents are from Guadalajara Mexico.  She is so fun.  She is full of energy and love for the mission.  She has this really funny sense of humor and the members just absolutely love her.  Hermana Alvarado came directly from Durango Mexico.  She has about 2 transfers left and she is an amazing and talented missionary.  This girl is a powerhouse.  She eats more food than me and Hermana Tapia put together and she maybe weights 100 pounds.  She's just a little thing and she eats Chile with everything!  She loves picante!  Every time we are eating with a member...  Hermana tiene chile? hahaha she makes me laugh.  She is learning English and she prefers Spanish so guess what.....  Because I have 2 Mexi's for my comps we talk Spanish ALL THE TIME!  This is my dream come true!  Something I've wanted my whole mission but my other comps are either not developed enough in the language or not dedicated to do it.  But we do all our studies, street talk, lessons, and visiting in Spanish.  It's the best.  I’m learning that I actually am pretty comfortable in Spanish which is nice and because we are talking more than just lessons I'm learning all sorts of other vocab besides the gospel language.  It's awesome!  We had an amazing week full of miracles and memories.

So we are a trio in Richmond Hill.  The other 2 Spanish elders got blinded out and President put 2 new completely missionaries in.  So guess who president sent?!!! My long lost district leader from Rego Park, back in the day.  I don't know if I tell you remember me talking about an Elder Carnohan?  It’s weird to think I served with him over a year ago because it seems like just yesterday.  But he just recently got out of the office serving as AP.  He is serving his last 2 transfers in Richmond Hill and he’s training a new bee named Elder Lebaron.  Elder Lebaron is a little fireball and full of enthusiasm.  I think that we will see a lot of good things happen in the ward and lots of miracles for the transfer.  It’s crazy to see how much Spanish I've learned since I came into the mission. 

So let me give you the update on our investigators.

We are still teaching the mite family.  We are teaching Hermano Mite the lessons again.  Hermana Mite seems to be as hard as a rock and she isn't really progressing.  She says she knows she is going to get baptized but she will not set a date with us.  She won't even give up an idea of when she wants to get baptized.  I'm pretty sure she doesn't know when she wants to because she's not thinking anytime soon.  Sometimes I don't understand these people.  I know the spirit is there when we teach so it’s up to her now.  There is still hope though, let’s take Charbyl for example.

We are teaching the Costa Rican tico singer dude.  He is pretty awesome.  He recently just married his wife Marisa who is a member.  When we first started teaching him he was nice but definitely not progressing.  We extended a date to him for February and he rejected it.  He always had so many questions and he wasn't reading but we could tell that he knew we were serious when we extended the date.  His wife was so excited but after that he ignored our calls and our visits for almost a month.  A couple of weeks ago Hermana Harry and I decided to stop by the house.  Charbyl invited us in nicely and we sat down with him and his wife.  We began to talk and I told him, Charbyl what happened?  Your baptismal date passed and we haven't seen you in forever!  He looked at me for a second expressionless and then leaned forward and announced, actually, I had dream and God told me I need to get baptized the other night.  When is your next baptismal service?  Everyone in the room just kind of looked at him shocked and then his wife said, Charbyl!  You never told me that! It was pretty cool but then in the same sentence he said I will never give up the virgin Maria or his wine so... we have some work to do with him and lots of changes to make.  It's hard to meet with them so we aren't going to baptize him until next month to see if his desire is sincere and not just spur of the moment.  Definitely has some good potential.  Yet he is reading everyday and he came to church all by himself for 3 hours so he's off to a good start.  Pray that he will have a humble heart and a true conversion.

We also are teaching this cool girl named Kati.  She was looking for something to change her life and wanted to find out more about god.  She said that she wanted to find out the truth.  Well one day guess who knocks on her door?  Sister Harry and me. She is super awesome and progressing nicely.

We are teaching Lisette and Suzi.  They are sweet and have already been to church 2 times which is about the same amount we have met with them.

We had 2 new people show up to church yesterday so I'm super excited to meet them and start teaching.  They are both member referrals so it should be super good.

Anyway, I love you all.  Mom I don't have a preference on when we come back to New York.  I just want to go to the upstate church sites and I want to go see a Broadway show.  I think it would be fun to wait for Jaci.

Mom, thank you so much for the package!  I love you so much and I felt so special.

Anyway g2g don't have any more time.

Love Hermana Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers