Monday, October 4, 2010

General Conferece in the MTC

Madre!
 
Hey! :)  So awesome week.  It's so good to be here and just get the confirming feeling that you are where you are supposed to be.  I feel it almost everyday and doing the right thing, at the right time, at the right place always feels good!  :)
 
It was SO good to get all your letters familia!  Seriously thank you so much!   I went and played the piano yesterday and it was so good!  Its was like the missing part of my soul got put back in place.  Music really has a great way of affecting the soul. Our devotional last night after conference was centered around music.  Hymns ect.  Speaking of conference, wasn't it AMAZING!  I started out in first session putting stars next to all the talks that dealt with missionary work and pertained but then I quite about half way through second session because it was pointless.  They all had stars next to the talks. haha.  Mom, when elder gong told the story of homeade bread it made me think of my wonderful mother. And madre!  AHHHHH! I can't tell you how much the bread and jam was enjoyed along with the music.  THHANKKKYOU!!!!!!  There is just nothing like home cooking in regards after eating cafeteria food straight for 4 weeks. haha. 
Conference was definitely meaningful for me and very enjoyable since I had NO outside distractions and was dedicated to listening.  I heard answers to all the questions I had been pondering for myself and other people.  I really enjoyed it. They are definitely inspired men of God and very aware of the worlds needs right now.
 
Mom, I sent grams a letter and asked her to tell you but i don't know if you got the memo... But jeans would be AWESome from china... $20 bucks? that's awesome!  I also need a comforter for New York... so that would be a pretty sweet gift from China too.... yet I probably would open it before christmas so i would have something to sleep on for winter lol.  You are awesome though and whatever you find I would love.  No need to worry about me. 
 
Spanish is coming great!  Loving it! Slowly but surely. One of my MTC spanish teachers Hermano Jensen is hearing impaired so he knows sign language as well.  So super animated young man with just a heart of gold.  Really inpires our district. My companion, sister casiano, also signs quite a bit. They often talk with their hands out of habit instead of just spanish so I think i'm learving sign language at the same time as Spanish. 
 
I love you so much! Thank you for all your love and prayers.
 
Love
 
Hermana Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers