Monday, March 19, 2012

Miracles of miracles


March 19, 2012
Ok so I sent some photos and as you can guess C got baptized!  Miracles of miracles! I'm so happy for him and so many miracles took place.  I just want to thank you for all your prayers and good energy you sent my way. I felt them and I know it was due to the love and prayers of each one of you. 

 Dad, I swear C is Mitchell reincarnated in Hispanic form. Not that we believe in reincarnation. lol. It is so weird.

Anyway C got his act together and he started reading in the Book of Mormon. That book does miracles and it has power.  I love it. about 2 weeks ago I was really praying a lot because I knew C had the desire to be baptized but I wasn't sure if he had really had that change of heart.  We were going over the interview questions with him to see what we still needed to teach.  We came to the question about repentance.  He gave a beautiful explanation of how repentance means taking off the old, leaving it behind, and changing to put on the new.  We asked him if he had felt like he had repented.  He said yes.  It got quiet and then C began to weep.  He bore a powerful testimony about the cleansing power of the atonement and all of us felt the spirit.  We all were in tears by the end of the visit.  I know that god hears my prayers and that he answers them in his own time.  Sometimes I forget I don't have as much to do with their conversion as much as I think I do.  Their conversion is in Christ and as they prepare their hearts god is able to penetrate their hearts. 

The whole ward showed up for C's baptism on Sunday.  His wife baked 100 empanadas home made.  They were delicious.  She is from Argentina.  C was really touched with all the support from the members and thanked them during his testimony in the baptism.  he talked about how he didn't have family or friends to call his own here in the states.  He was crying as he came up from the font.  Hermano A is the member that baptized him.  This man is one of the most spiritual men I have ever met in my life.  How many 86 year olds do that?  C chose wisely.  Hermano A has shared many personal, spiritual experience with us sisters that are just inspiring.  I don't think Hermano A will know Christ any better after the veil than he already does now.  He is a man endowed with power.

Anyway, thanks again for all your prayers.  It has been a week of miracles.  I love you all and I'm excited to see you.  Pray that I keep going strong and that by some miracle we can find someone to baptize this week :)  If not the baptism with C was pretty awesome.  Can't get much better than that. :)

Love you!

Hermana Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers