Monday, August 8, 2011

My Investigators

Weird that it is august.  I can barely believe how time is flying. I remember when you were talking about your trip to Canada like it was something that was probably going to happen right before I left.  Now you are there! Weird... Well we had a good week.  Sister Young and I are doing great.  We found 2 new investigators this week.  One of them is named Kevin.  We had a really good lesson with him but his parents were no cool with us coming over and so every time we have tried to pass by they tell us he is not home etc.  Which is a bummer.  He is 18 and just graduated high school. He reallly understood what we were trying to tell him and seemed very interested.  The other girl was a referral from the chinese elders who found her when they were doing 2x2x5 around an old former investigator.  Her name is Jasaura and she is 16 years old from the Dominican.  She is probably one of my favorite people I've met in New York.  It amazes me how fast you can feel connected to these people in such a short time.  We taught her twice this last week and she came to church on Sunday. One of my favorite members from the ward noticed her and came up and gave her a big hug. Evidently when Jasaura was in elementary school she would always stop to talk to hermana Maria Gomez passing by for school.  They bonded immediately and we are going to go do lunch up at hermana gomez's house with Jasaura and teach a lesson up there. Dominican people are the best!  Always so welcoming and loving.  I'm really excited.  
 
Another cool thing that happened is that moses came to church this week!  He brought his 2 kids with him as well.  And he made it for all three hours!  We were excited! Yet, this time Lina and mariela didn't come.  I don't know what we are going to do with this family. lol.  It is kind of cool though that Moses came without his spouse this time but we really want them all to start going for this goal.  Lina also backed up from her baptismal date which is frustrating but we are going to work with them a little bit more. I think Moses coming by himself with his kids is a good sign ;)
 
We had some crazy weather this week.  Really hot and then pouring rain the next day and then really hot again.  It's intense.  President and Sister Nelson came to our branch yesterday to speak. It was fun to hear them talk.  Sister Nelson translated president nelsons talk for him while he was there.  Mom could you put sister Young's name on my letters as well?  I know your going to be sending to them either way and it just makes us feel cool as missionaries when the mail has our names on it too. I usually end up sharing parts from them to her anyway so would you just add her name to the envelope? Thanks ;)
 
Thank you for your love and for your prayers.   I really enjoyed reading your emails. You are all great!  Sister Ovalle is going to drop by a package for you next week she will be coming to utah on the 8th. Love you all. :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers