Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Hey Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!  How was it?!

My thanksgiving was really great thanks for asking. :)  Much better than last years thanksgiving when my trainer was sicker than a dog and had to stay in bed all day.  This year we went out and played Football at a turkey bowl.  Zones 7, 8, and 9 got together and we could invite any ward members or investigators.  It was really fun.  There are some new Missionaries on the island so it was fun to meet all of them. We visited some members and ate dinner with the Fuentes, and Lee family.  They took such good care of us.  Wendy Mendoza also invited us over. We are teaching her and her family right now. They are so cute. The two little girls that are 5 and 6 were so excited when we got there. Wendy said they had been running to the window every time a car drove past since 6pm waiting for us.  We didn't even have our appointment until 8pm with them.  Ashley and Rachel came running to the door when we knocked and just about tipped us over as they gave us hugs.  We played some games with them that they learned at FHE the week before at the Durans and some magic tricks. They also sent us home with lots of yummy food for the coming week.  They have a special place in my heart.  They also have a 13 year old boy named Anderson who was messing around on the computer while we were there. I glanced over at the screen and noticed he was messing around on Mormon.org and watching videos of members and such.  I asked him right before we left if there was anything we could do for him.  He looked around for a second and then caught me off guard by saying yes.  He then asked me if I could assign him a part in the BOM to read.  Naturally I was tickled pink to give him a reading assignment.  Why can't all my investigators be like that.  They still have a long way to go but they seem to be chugging along well.  I love them. 

It's been kind of cool to reflect on this last week.  Hermana Gray and I have had some really edifying and powerful lessons this week.  I've never had a companion that it's been so easy to teach with before.  She is so awesome.  It's been rewarding to me to reflect on how much I have learned since this time last year.  I love my mission and I feel so grateful to be a part of this work at this time in my life.  It is amazing to think all the people I have met, the language, culture, areas, and knowledge I have attained over the last year.   You never realize the day to day changes but time seems to speed up and you realize how much we can change as we look back and reflect on how circumstances have changed.  My testimony has grown a lot on how God has a plan for everyone and when you do your part its all in the bigger part of the plan.  I love it. 

 Mom, I just wanted to let you know that I still did our Thanksgiving tradition with the kernels of corn.  I did it with all the sisters as we ate pumpkin pie in our little pad and it we had so much fun.  I also did it in a couple of lessons.  We did it with Hermana Majano downstairs after she cooked for us on Saturday.  You should know it was really really awesome.  Sister Majano started crying as she gave thanks for the gospel and all that it has given her in her life.  Of course with every blessing comes opposition just as strong but the blessings always outweigh the bad in the end.  We all cried together and it was just so gratifying.  No wonder god commands us to have gratitude.

Our pad of sisters is really awesome.  Sister Simplicio is here now with Hermana Gray, Hermana Nay and I. I've decided I'm going to learn Portuguese.  Sister Simplicio said she would help me learn and what better opportunity than to have a native in the house? lol.  Oh and mom, I've already got a trip planned to Brazil to go see her. Do you want to come with me? She lives in Fortaleza which is up in the north part. Her father used to be the mission president in San Paublo a few years ago. She's pretty legit I love being with her.  Mom, we LOVED the package that you sent us. All of us sisters were so excited to open it we could barely finish planning.  lol.  All of the sisters were so touched that you had written their names individually on their little gifts.  I told them they were countdown calendars for Christmas.  Is that right?  I assumed as much.  You are the best mom!  Thanks for the Japanese socks and stationary!  They were very much enjoyed.

Love
Hermana Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers