Sunday, May 23, 2010

Buddhist Temple Feild Trip

I went to one of the Buddhist temples yesterday with Duang and Coon Ma. It was good to go with her mom because she was able to answer a lot of questions I had about the Buddhist faith. I enjoyed the beautiful buildings very much. I have many pictures of the large pagoda that is located in the center of the temple yard. You will notice the large pagoda in the background and the smaller memorials that look like miniature pagoda's. Evidently the Pagoda was built in such a way that it never casts a shadow. I don't know how they did it. It doesn't make sense to me, but I still think its cool. Duang says the one time in history that the people say they did see a shadow that something bad happened to the rest of the people. It's just this particular pagoda that was built this way though. The smaller pagoda's around us can be compared to the equivlents of our cemetaries. People are buried all around but the large pagoda is reserved for the Buddhist God. They don't open the doors ascending to the pagoda very often but since it was a Buddhist holiday I got to go up and walk around the Pagoda. It was rad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers