Friday, May 21, 2010

Friendly Buggers


Well I'm in Thailand and I have made new friends very quickly... I don't know why the misquitos like me so much. I think the garlic helps but what can I say... I'm irresistable :) Anyway, other than that Thailand is Awesome! I love it here! Duang's family has taken me in and made me feel so at home. Everything here is so pretty.

The streets here have put a new definition of crazy driving. Colton, never say that cali has crazy driving. It's all a matter of perspective. I feel disoriented because cars drive on the opposite side of the road from the states. And the drivers wheel is on the right hand side of the car instead of the left. haha. The streets here are very crowded and lots and lots of motor bike scooters that zoom up and down the car lanes. People don't use their blinkers very often and usually just honk if they are worried about someone moving over as they are passing their lane. People drive very fast and I don't think speed limit is enforced very much. I've stopped looking at the speedometer because I get nervous. It is usually some where between 80 and 100. Although I don't know if that is in miles per hour because the car goes to almost 200. Lots of people drive small trucks. Kids pile in after school to carpool home. When I say pile I really mean pile. I think I counted 15 kids in the back of the small pickup truck today driving home from school. It's so normal but it would be considered so dangerous in the states. haha It's cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers